Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2013

I Am A Creep


Hey everyone!  So the next big decision that Eric and I have to make now that we have our date and venue confirmed is choosing a photographer.  We did speak to a lot of photographers at the wedding show, but amidst all the hustle and bustle and crazy women (which you can read about here) it was hard to spend a decent amount of time at each booth looking at portfolios and getting a feel for the photographers' personalities. 

We feel that the photographer is one of the most important elements of the entire day.  Long after the wedding is over, the food has been eaten, the drinks have been downed, the favors are left on the tables, the flowers have died, the tux is returned and the dress has been drycleaned and packed away, the memories of the wedding day are what remains.  And it is really important to us that all the special moments are captured, because the day is sure to fly by!




All the special moments.
 
 
 
So we've set up appointments with a couple photographers for next week, to look more at their portfolios, get a feel for their style of photography, and just try to find a good fit.  It's important that our photographer likes us, and we like them, and we're all happy to spend many hours together taking photos in what could be searing heat or pouring rain on a very high stress day.  Also, Eric is a very talented photographer himself, so framing and light and some of the higher level photography concepts are important as well in our photos.  We want them to have a bit of an artsy feel in addition to all the candids.  So in anticipation of these meetings, I spent an hour or two doing research and compiled a few wedding photos that I like to give myself an idea of what I want our wedding photos to look like.
 
 
HA.  I can't even type that with a straight face.
 
 
I have a folder on my computer entitled "Wedding Dossier".  In that folder are 17 more folders, entitled things like "Dress", "Shoes", "Venues", and of course "Photos".  Inside the photos folder are 4 more folders, including "Save the Dates", and "Wedding".  And every time I'm cruising the internet for wedding inspiration and I see something I like, I save it in the dossier.  So naturally I have a very good pictorial representation of what I love in weddings!  Oh and also, if you post your wedding photos on Facebook and we are friends, some of your photos may have made it into the dossier.  Yes, I am creepy.  No, I don't care.
 
 
 
Artist's rendition of me at work.  (On my lunch break!  Geez.)
 
 
 
So in honour of our impending photographer choice, I thought I'd dig into the dossier and show you all some of my favorite wedding photos from the web!
 
 
There's the mushy romantic ones...
 


 
 
Cute.  As.  Heck.




A private moment for two.  So important on a wedding day!  And I love that dress...




 
Old hollywood glam.




 
This one reminds me of Grey's Anatomy when Meredith outlines the house in candles...



Then there's the cute family and bridal party ones...


 
Love this bridal party compilation photo...
 
 

 
Great idea, playing with focus!
 
 

 
Could it get any cuter?  Come on.
 
 

 
SQUEEEEEE.  That's the kind of dress I want Aislin to wear!  POOF.
 
 

 
Love this!




And then there are the funny/interesting ones!

 
This is seriously hilarious.
 
 

 
Long exposure sparkler shot!  So neat.
 


 
I would be nervous but would totally do this!
 
 
 

 
Love.  Love love love times a million.
 
 
 

 
Last shot of the night.


So there you have it!  Very much looking forward to getting this all-important decision nailed down in the next week or two!


Happy Wedding Wednesday!!!


~M

0 comments:

Post a Comment