Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Second Guess on the Dress???


Because I am an over-analytical crazy person, I often do tons of research before making a big decision.  I think it through from every angle, analyze all the possible scenarios, plan it down to the smallest detail, and then spend hours of my day repeating this process until the last possible second.

So when I was looking online for different dress buying tips, I got really spooked by a certain topic that seems to crop up often when on the topic of purchasing a bridal gown: Dress Regret.

This is a thing?


 
Wait.  It didn't look like this in the store.
 
 
So as sure as I was gathering photos of dresses I liked, contemplating what undergarments to wear, deciding who was going to be a part of my entourage, analyzing my body type against the various silhouettes, and arming myself with as much preparation as possible for dress shopping, I was also formulating a six-point plan to guard against Dress Regret, to be implemented as soon as I chose a gown:
 
1)  Immediately go home and delete all episodes of Say Yes To The Dress, I Found The Gown, and Randy To The Rescue, including all future recordings.
 
2)  Do not go to any more wedding dress websites.
 
3)  Ignore any pictures of wedding dresses in bridal magazines.
 
4)  Delete all wedding dress pins on Pinterest board.
 
5)  Keep pictures of the selected gown on your phone, and look at them every day to remind yourself that you love this dress.
 
6)  Order this and wear until the wedding:
 
 
 
Does it come with the fake eyelashes?  I could totally pull this off.
 
 
I was nervous because I knew due to my over-analytical nature I would be extremely susceptible to Dress Regret.  Is it really the one?  Is it the most beautiful dress out there, for me?  Is there anything else that would look better?  Did I make a decision too fast?  Am I truly happy with this, the most important garment I will ever wear?
 
Sigh.
 
So naturally, after we left the dress shop and I had picked a gown, I sat calmly, waiting for Dress Regret to kick in.  Waiting.  And waiting.  I can totally deal with this.  Bring it on. I'm ready, I knew this would happen, let's go.
 
And....nothing!  Internet five!
 
 
 
Yessssssssss!
 
 
I have not experienced a single ounce of Dress Regret.  I am so in love with my dress, even when I see other dresses in magazines or online or on TV that are similarly beautiful I am still happy with the choice I made.  I am very realistic and I know there are a lot of lovely gowns out there, and there are going to be new lines coming out soon, and trends will change, and the wedding is still a long way away.  But, I still picture myself walking down the aisle in this dress, and I know it is the perfect one for me.  I think when you find the right dress, you have no want or need to keep looking around for other, better dresses.  Kind of like when you find the right man!  ;)
 
So I don't have to worry about wearing blinders or wiping my Pinterest boards or anything like that.  I feel very relaxed that this very important detail is taken care of, and I can turn my attention to other details.  Next up: bridesmaids dresses!!!  :)
 
 
 
 
Wait.  It didn't look like this in the store.
 
 
 
LOL!

 
My only challenge now is going to be keeping my dress secret for the next 11 months....wahhhh.  I just want to show everyone!
 
 
Happy Wedding Wednesday!!!
 
 
~M
 
 
 
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment