Pages

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Progress!


It feels like I have been in a flurry of wedding planning activity lately!  So I just wanted to give a quick update on some of the progress we've made so far!


For starters, we have booked our reception décor, lighting, invitations and stationery with Ashley from Sweetness Stationery and The Little Linen.  When I went to Ashley's home studio I was amazed at all the beautiful displays she had and her flair for creativity.  And when she told me she can do all those things for my wedding in a one-stop shop, I was sold.  She had so many wonderful ideas, and I just loved her sample invitations.  I know she's going to do an amazing job on our wedding!


 

 

 
I love the way the design flows through every aspect of the wedding...
 
 
Then we went ahead and booked our flowers with Academy Florist.  Lauren was such a lovely person, she too is very creative and you can tell she loves her job a lot.  She taught me a lot about flowers just in the short time I was there!  For example, this is a lisianthus bloom:
 
 
 
It smells divine, it is very floaty and soft looking, and comes in purple!  Aside from roses, carnations and callas, I had no ideas, so it was awesome to look at everything she brought to the table.  They are also going to do all the centerpieces for the reception, and all the ceremony décor, including the flower petals design I love so much!  Squee!
 
 
So pretty and interesting...
 
 
 
Love love love this...it looks so amazing against the plush red carpet of the Convocation Hall!
 
 
 
So now it's onto bridesmaid dress shopping!  The girls and I are going out in a few weeks to check out the Vera Wang line at David's Bridal.  We're going for something in black, fashion forward but not too weird looking, and beyond the shiny satin strapless dress that seems to be all the rage these days.  Definitely excited for this aspect of the planning, because I want my girls to feel as beautiful in their dresses as I do in mine!  Yay!
 
 
 
Short?
 
 

 
Long?
 
 

 
Unique?
 
 

 
Chic?  Love them all.
 

 
 
And finally, I am taking this little doll to D'Ella for flower girl dress shopping soon!  She needs a princess dress to go with her princess shoes! 
 
 
 
Oh, she is going to look so pretty....
 
 
 
...and she is doing so good in dance class!  (Proud Auntie Moment)
 
 
So we have made a lot of progress lately!  Stay tuned because I will be blogging about our fabulous social prizes very soon as well!  And if you don't have your tickets yet, send me a message on Facebook!
 
 
 
Happy Wedding Wednesday!!!
 
 
~M
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment