Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2013

WARNING: Cuteness Overload


Hello all!

So as much as I loved trying on bridal gowns, and swishing and swaying in all the gorgeous organza and lace before finally settling on the perfect one, let me assure you that it is nothing compared to going through the same process with the cutest and tiniest of humans! 



 
"Their small features and oversized eyes trigger a hormonal response in humans.  It's autonomic.  It's what keeps us from eating them."


We took Aislin flower girl dress shopping on the weekend, and it was so fun!  I loved seeing her in all the adorable little dresses.  There is nothing cuter than a little girl in a fancy dress.

The first was a floaty white dress with an organza overlay and white flowered belt:


 
Oh she's cute....and she knows it.
 

 
Floof!


I liked this dress, but I really wanted Aislin to be a mini-me and there weren't really any flowers incorporated into my dress, so we passed on this one.


The next was a pink strap dress with rosette detailing on it (that did come in white) and pretty trim:

 
OMG.  She's just wee.


I liked this one too, and I loved the poufyness factor, but again wasn't a fan of the big rose on the belly.  So although she looked really cute and princessy in pink, we passed on this one too.


The next was a layered and striped dress, and in Aislin's words, "this one's a bit big":


 
Gasp.  I have no words.  What a little doll.


This dress is cute, but for someone older.  I don't believe that spaghetti straps belong on three year olds, so even though I loved the coutureyness of it and the fact that it looked different, it wasn't the right one.

It was around this time that I learned that trying to photograph a child is just like trying to photograph wild animals.  You have to be incredibly patient, you need to stalk them as they go about their business in their natural habitat, and if they get even the slightest sniff of an inkling that you are trying to take a picture of them, they will run away in the other direction.



One of many blurry action shots that ended up on my camera phone...lol
 


It was also at this point that she couldn't understand why we were parading her around in dresses like a circus monkey oohing and ahhing at her when all she wanted to do was run around naked and play.  So we shoved another dress on her, but she was pretty much not having it.  And I can't blame her either, I also have zero shopping stamina.  Five outfits is like my max, and then I just wanna get the hell outta dodge and have a cocktail.

But luckily for us, and her, we found the perfect adorable little dress for her to wear on our big day, this floaty organza dress with a crinoline underlay and ribbon detailing on the back:


 
CUTENESS.
 

 
Love the interesting back...
 
 
 
 
Another photo of her on the run...
 
  
Now I can't let my cutie little mini-me go out in front of all those people without being appropriately blinged.  So in addition to strassing her a little pair of ballet flats, I'm going to make her a strassed ribbon belt, to go with the dress since the front of it is pretty but plain.  And we changed the organza ribbon on the back to white as well.  And of course, when the sales associate asked me if I wanted an extra layer of crinoline underneath for extra pouf?  UM, YEAH.
 
 
 
I know.  Shopping tires me out too.  Let's blow this pop stand
and get some Kinder Surprise.



I would tell you about bridesmaids dress shopping as well, but there's not really much to tell.  I have the most efficient set of bridesmaids a girl could possibly assemble.  We were in and out of David's in about 15 minutes, and zero photos were taken.  It pretty much went like this:

Me:  "Okay, you guys pick some dresses you like, and I'm gonna go sit over here."

Jess:  "How about this one?"

Melissa:  "I like that one."

Tara:  "Me too"

(they all try it on)

Me:  "Okay so we're all good with this one?"

Bridesmaids Superforce:  "Yep."

Me:  "Want to try anything else on?"

Bridesmaids Superforce:  "Nope."

Me:  "Awesome, let's go to Joey's for bellinis."


Done and done.  They ended up choosing this famous Vera Wang in black:

 

Unique, chic and super fashion forward.  It looked awesome on all of them, and I love it!  I also love that it was on Gossip Girl.  Except we will do without the weirdo fascinators.

So that's two more things crossed off the list!  Yay!  I feel like a wedding planning beast these days.


Just a reminder that our wedding social is coming up on November 16th!  I will be doing another post soon about our awesome prizes!  Based on the crowd that has already bought entry to this shindig, you will not want to miss out.  It's gonna be an awesome party!  Message me for tickets!
 
 
Happy Wedding Wednesday!!!



~M

0 comments:

Post a Comment