Pages

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Basically the Cutest Flower Girl in the Whole Wide World.


This Wedding Wednesday I decided to blog about my flower girl, my oh-so-cute and incredibly gorgeous niece Aislin.  She will have just turned three by the time that Eric and I get married, so she will be a good age to teeter down the aisle throwing rose petals for Auntie Mickaela!

 

Hi everybody!  (This picture dissolves me into puddles of goo.  Cuteness overload.)


Anyone who knows me knows that I have never been much of a kid person (save for my students at the studio), and really not much of a baby person.  They are fussy and hard to keep happy, and drop exploding bombs of poo ten times a day.  But as soon as Aislin was born, I was unconsciously switched to full-on Aunt Mode.  Aunt Mode is different than Mom Mode in which I still cannot change diapers and reserve the right to hand her back over if she is tired and/or some other inexplicably hard to decipher emotion which makes her start screeching with sadness and cracks my heart just a little too much.  But Aunt Mode comes with the requisite bragging rights, sending emails with pictures of her to all my coworkers and friends, and speaking in high-pitched tones saying crazy things like, “OMGGGGGG, did you seeeee how she just blinked her eyes?????  SOOO CUUUUUTE.”

 

 
Are you kidding me?  OMG.


She may as well have been born holding a sign that says, “FUTURE FLOWER GIRL AND COMPETITIVE DANCER”.  I’ve already got her first tap solo costume designed, a duo partner picked out for her that was born 4 months after her (Hi Brielle!) and I am actually considering a foray back into the world of teaching pre-dance classes once she hits that age so I can spend even more time with her.  Squee!

 

 
She’s also going to be a pretty bucc hip hop dancer.  You can already tell.

 

So naturally, I have spent a lot of time scouring the internet for the cutest flower girl dresses I can find, and it was a no-brainer that I want Aislin to look like a mini-ballerina.  Poofs!  Tulle!  Tutu!  Ballerina flats!  Sock bun!  (Okay, she probably won’t have enough hair for a sock bun.)

 

 
So pretty.

 

 
This is a really cute inspiration photo...

 

 
Aislin already knows she looks good in tutu dresses – this was her first birthday outfit!  (With the cake Grandma made for her that’s taller than she is.)

 


Another really cute inspiration photo...

 

...and because this is my blog and now I’m in full on Aunt Mode and really cannot help myself, here are some more gratuitous pictures of my niece!  :)

 



Me, Aislin and Fuzzy Bunny hanging out on Fan Appreciation Day at the stadium

 

 
Splashing around in her pool!




So many little chompers poking through now...

 


Why hello.  Yes, I’m perfect.  :)
 
 
 
 
Me.  Whenever I'm around her.  All the time.
 

 

OKAY!  I’m done.


I also have a special plan for Aislin’s shoes, because any niece/flower girl of mine has to be sporting footwear as fantastic as mine for the big day!  I think I’m most excited to start blogging about the shoes.  Oh....the shoes.


Happy Wedding Wednesday!!!

 

~M

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny!

p.s. turn off word verification.

sam soi said...

Wonderful blog! I saw it at Google and I must say that entries are well thought of. I will be coming back to see more posts soon.

Unknown said...

Nice Blog.Thanks To Owner of this post.All Baby are so beautiful.
flower girl

Post a Comment